Vegan Coconut Pudding Recipe
Vegan confections are an excellent way to make decadent desserts with plant-based ingredients, as there is no need of eggs or milk based products to make a delicious dessert. Vegan Coconut pudding is one such good example of that. It is rick in cream and luscious coconut milk.
This dairy free vegan coconut pudding is very simple to make as you only need one pan with minimal ingredients which are easily available in your kitchen. The process of making this vegan pudding is very similar to Chinese Dim Sum but does not contain any flavouring agents.
This eggless dessert is suitable for gluten-free diets as well as those who are allergic to dairy or eggs. The creamy vegan coconut pudding is a lovely way to end a family meal, as it is serve as a dessert or snack. All you need is coconut milk in your pantry that can help you whip up some delicious last-minute recipes.
This dairy free coconut pudding taste more delicious when topped with some fruits or chocolate shavings or cacao nibs.
Now let’s get started with the making process of delicious coconut sponge pudding recipe.
Ingredients Required for Vegan Coconut Pudding recipe
2 1/2 cups full-fat canned coconut milk
1/3 cup cornstarch
2/3 tablespoons of coconut sugar or raw sugar.
Pinch of salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 Walnuts chopped
- 3/4 toasted coconut chips and / or berries as garnish, optional
Direction to Make Coconut Vegan pudding
- Gather all the the ingredients.
2. In a pan over medium heat, whisk together the coconut milk, powdered sugar, cornstarch, and vanilla. Stir frequently to dissolve all of the lumps as it heats. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a medium-low heat.
3. Remove the pan from the heat and constantly stir in the mixture. Now again heat for another six to eight minutes on medium-low heat and whisking constantly (do not walk away or stop whisking!), or until the coconut pudding thickens.
4. Remove pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla and coconut oil.When the vegan coconut pudding has reached the desired consistency, divide it among small cups, about 1/2 cup per person.
5. Allow to cool the coconut vegan pudding at room temperature before refrigerating. Now refrigerate it for at least 1 hour and then decorate with fruits, nuts or roasted coconut before serving.